Are you tired of constantly battling with your kids over the snack drawer? While satisfying their cravings is a never-ending battle, it’s possible to end up on top! At Canyon Creek Dentistry, we’ve done the hard part and scoured the internet to find the easiest, funniest, and tastiest treats that all kids- and dentists- can approve of. So bust out your notepad, and get ready to learn first-hand from the best children’s dentist in Temple, Texas:
- Ants on a Log: This classic snack is always a hit with kids! Fill celery sticks with peanut or almond butter, then add raisins to create the “ants.” The celery provides a satisfying crunch, while the nut butter and raisins add some natural sweetness. You can also switch out celery sticks for bananas for a more sweet, soft treat.
- Fruit Kabobs: Throw some fresh fruit onto skewers for a fun and colorful snack. Pineapple, kiwi, and strawberries are all great options rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. This delightful, fool-proof approach will keep even the pickiest of eaters begging for more.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fiber, and they’re easy to cook in the oven for a crunchy, satisfying snack. Toss them with olive oil and your favorite spices, like cumin or paprika, and then bake until golden brown.
- Smoothie Bowls: Smoothie bowls are a fun way for your kids to eat fruits and veggies! Blend up some frozen berries, spinach, and almond milk, then pour the mixture into a bowl. Top with some sliced banana, granola, and a drizzle of honey for a delicious and exciting snack.
- Cheese and Crackers: Who says snacking can’t be fancy? Make a mini cheese board by pairing whole-grain crackers with sliced cheese and grapes. This snack is a good source of calcium and protein and is perfect for an afternoon snack.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark: Mix some low-sugar yogurt with fresh fruit and a little bit of honey, then spread the mixture onto a baking sheet. Freeze for a few hours and break the mixture into bite-sized pieces. This snack is perfect for hot summer days and is a good source of calcium and probiotics.
- Trail Mix Cookies: Make a batch of homemade cookies using your favorite trail mix ingredients, like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. These cookies are a fun, portable snack perfect for the on-the-go.
- Banana Ice Cream: Blend some frozen bananas in a food processor until they’re smooth and creamy. Add some cocoa powder or a drizzle of honey for a sweet treat that’s low in sugar and potassium.
- Veggie Sushi Rolls: Get your kids excited about eating their veggies with some homemade sushi rolls. Roll up cucumber, carrot, and avocado in some nori and serve with a low-sugar soy sauce for dipping.
- Apple Nachos: Cut some fresh apples into thin slices, then add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of almond butter. While technically not nachos due to the lack of cheese, the name will keep kids licking their lips! It’s a sweet and savory treat loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: Dip some fresh strawberries into melted dark chocolate, then let them cool until the chocolate hardens. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and lower in sugar than regular chocolates. Plus, the combination of chocolate and strawberries is always a crowd-pleaser!
Children’s Dentist in Temple, Texas
At Canyon Creek Dental, Dr. Kinnari Prajapati and our team are happy to help however we can- even if it means providing you with some tasty, healthy snack alternatives. Not only are these snacks delicious and fun to eat, but they’re also good for your child’s teeth and overall health. They’re rich in vitamins and minerals and low in added sugars.
So the next time you’re looking for a children’s dentist or have some extra sushi rolls, remember to call us!